Country of Origin: Portugal (Footwear) & Italy (Leather)
Please note: this is a $110 deposit for a preordered Museum calf pair of shoes. The full price is $245 to $335 (depending on style) and delivery is expected in late October, early November 2017 (approximately)
Genuine Ilcea Radica Calfskin (a.k.a. Museum Calf holds a high seat in the pantheon of shoe leathers. Crafted in Italy, this legendary leather is known for its unique marbling and subtle cloudy appearance. The signature effect is achieved by a light sponging of the leather immediately after an aniline bath, while the skin is still wet. The treatment allows the color to penetrate the hide, as opposed to remaining on the surface. The final effect has eye-catching depth and remarkable sophistication.
Epaulet & Ilcea Conceria are thrilled to offer this unique pre-order opportunity. From today until Tuesday, June 13th, you can choose from four colors of genuine Ilcea Museum calf and six styles of in-house Epaulet footwear. This includes the rare tones of Gunmetal, Navy, and Plum! Your shoes will then be made expressly for you and delivered in October/November 2017.
Production of this leather is an intricate and slow process that requires extensive handwork. As such, we are limited to 50 units of a given color for this first production run. When all 50 units are claimed, that color will be removed from our assortment.
We offer a matching belt for an additional $98. You can choose that above. The belt will be made in a 32mm width (standard for a dress belt) and include a pure brass buckle in a bright silver nickel finish.
Click here to read a full presentation of the project on Medium.com, complete with hi-res videos.
Epaulet Trainers and Combat Boots run true to size. If you typically wear a 10D in dress shoes, then we recommend ordering a US10 in these. For a comparison to our dress shoes, this size would correspond to a 10D in the Alden Aberdeen last, a 9.5D in the Alden Barrie or Tru-Balance last, and a 9UK in most Carmina lasts.
Many of our customers also tend to wear the same size in these as they would in a Converse Jack Purcell - which can be a useful comparison for getting fitted locally.
For European customers looking at the EU size, we also recommend purchasing your typical size.
Like any quality leather sneaker, these will break in and stretch in both the width and the height if needed. You should not size down as a result, but you can feel confident in the eventual fit if the trainers are a touch tight upon the first try-on.
Most customers will wear the same size in all four styles. If you take a wide fitting (US "E"), then we recommend the Sport Trainer, as its overall shape is more accommodating for wider feet. Narrow fit customers (US "C") should have no problem with any of the shapes - you'll simply need to lace them a bit tighter. Extra-wide customers (US "EE" & "EEE") should consider sizing up a half to allow for extra width in the toe box.
MADE IN PORTUGAL
Our trainers are meticulously crafted in Portugal with our own exclusive comfort lasts. For this project, five different styles are available to order.
Every pair has a full kidskin glove liner and a leather-lined footbed. With the combination of this excellent leather and our world-class construction, these will be among the most comfortable pieces of footwear that you have ever owned. Not only are our trainers an excellent value for the price, they are truly better made than nearly everything else on the market. Each pair is delivered with cotton shoe bags.
1) Your preorder is held with a $110 non-refundable, non-transferrable deposit.
2) The full price per unit is $245 for the Tennis Low, $245 for the Slip-on, $270 for the Sport Trainer, $335 for the Combat Boot, and $295 for the Full Court High. You will be charged the balance per unit immediately before shipment.
3) Preorders will be accepted until midnight EST June 13th. Size and styles changes can be made before May 5th, but not afterwards. Once orders are placed, they cannot be canceled or refunded
4) Delivery will occur approximately in October/November 2017.
5) Once the trainers are received, you will be notified via email and the balance may be paid online. Final payment must be received within 14 days of notification, or your deposit will be forfeited and the shoes will be put up for general sale.
6) Shipping to US addresses is included in the price. For International customers, we request that you choose "Store Pickup" as your shipping option (resulting in no shipping fee charged now).
7) All preorder sales are final. When the shoes are delivered, we regretfully cannot accept any returns or exchanges on these purchases.
8) Museum Calf is finished by hand and variable in nature. Every skin will a slightly different color cast and artistic tone. These are natural characteristics of this leather.
9) Our quoted delivery period for these sneakers is Oct/November 2017. However, we're working with both a small tannery and a small factory. Things can happen, and factors outside of our control could cause the delivery to be delayed.