Please note: this online item is a $250 deposit for a preordered Shell Cordovan Trainer. The full price is $595 to $645 (depending on style) and delivery is expected in November 2016 (approximately).
It's that time again! We're ready to kick off another round of production for our genuine shell cordovan trainers. Each pair will be made in Genuine Shell Cordovan, sourced from the esteemed Comipel Tannery of Italy. These horsehide shells are entirely sourced, tanned, and finished in Europe. You can preorder our trainers in your choice of color and style for delivery in April-May 2016.
Our factory has proven to be extremely skilled with this production. Given their background experience with other exotic skins (Stingray, Crocodile, Ostrich), they are able to competently work with the complex nature and small skins of Shell Cordovan. Their craftsmanship and finish is exquisite. Each pair is individually cut, sewn, lasted and finished.
The inventory available for pre-order is based upon our on-hand stock at the factory. We have between 2 and 12 units available in each color. This allows us to offer a reliable turnaround time, as there's no need to purchase and potentially wait for additional leather. The only lead time is for the actual production.
A $250 deposit payment secures your order. The full price of the Tennis Trainer in Shell Cordovan will be $595 and he full price of the Sport Trainer in Shell Cordovan will be $645. We'll request the balance payment when the trainers are landed in New York and ready to ship out to you immediately.
DEPOSIT AND PRE-ORDER TERMS
1) Your preorder is held with a $250 non-refundable deposit.
2) The full price per unit is $595 for the Tennis Trainer and $645 for the Sport Trainer. We will notify you when your sneakers arrive at which point you can pay the balance and we will ship them out to you.
4) Each color is limited the available on-hand leather.
5) Preorders will be accepted until midnight EST Friday, December 11th or when all units are claimed for a given color, whichever occurs first. Size and style changes can be made before Dec 11th, but not afterwards.
6) Cancellations will not be accepted after the order is placed
6) Delivery will occur between mid-April and mid-May of 2016.
7) Once the shoes are received, you will be notified via email and the balance may be paid online. Final payment must be received within 30 days of notification, or your deposit will be forfeited and the shoes will be put up for general sale.
8) Shipping to US addresses is included in the price. For International customers, we request that you choose "Store Pickup" as your shipping option (resulting in no shipping fee charged now).
8) We reserve the right to limit or refuse any order
9) All preorder sales are final. When the shoes are delivered, we regretfully cannot accept any returns or exchanges on these purchases.
10) Individual batches of Shell Cordovan can vary in color tone. The shoes that you receive may be lighter or darker than pictured. Small blemishes and color variations are a part of Shell Cordovan's natural finish and are not considered defects.
Epaulet Trainer run true to size. If you typically wear a 10D in dress shoes, then we recommend ordering a US10 in these. For a comparison to our dress shoes, this size would correspond to a 10D in the Alden Aberdeen last, a 9.5D in the Alden Barrie or Tru-Balance last, and a 9UK in most Carmina lasts.
Many of our customers also tend to wear the same size in these as they would in a Converse Chuck Taylor - which can be a useful comparison for getting fitted locally.
For European customers looking at the EU size, we also recommend purchasing your typical size.
Like any quality leather sneaker, these will break in and stretch in both the width and the height if needed. You should not size down as a result, but you can feel confident in the eventual fit if the trainers are a touch tight upon the first try-on.
Most customers will wear the same size in all four styles. If you take a wide fitting (US "E"), then we recommend the Sport Trainer, as it's overall shape is more accomodating for wider feet. Narrow fit customers (US "C") should have no problem with any of the shapes - you'll simply need to lace them a bit tighter. Extra-wide customers (US "EE" & "EEE") should consider sizing up a half to allow for extra width in the toe box.