Please note: this online item is a BALANCE PAYMENT for a pre-ordered Donegal Sweater. The full price is $220, with the $110 balance payable before shipment
We're thrilled to launch our very first preorder with the venerable William Lockie & Co. of Scotland. Since 1874, they have hand-crafted some of the finest sweaters on the world. Their factory sits in Hawick, the traditional home of Scottish knitwear.
The shape on offer is a simple and basic crewneck body. It's versatile, timeless, and effortless to wear on a cool day. But the yarn is anything but basic.
We labored to source the most interesting lambswool on the market. We're offering eight different options, and each one has a complexity that sets it apart from the pack. Some have multi-colored flecks, some have mono-flecks, some have marled two-tone yarns, and some have all of the above. Woven in Scotland as well, these are some of the greatest knit fabrics that we've ever seen. We're purchasing lots of the each yarn which will yield approximately 24 units per color. Once those units are claimed, that's all that we'll be able to make for the season.
This is a great opportunity to get a truly unique and standout piece! Or to get several pieces! The preorder runs from today through August 23rd. All colors will be offered in all sizes until a yarn runs out or the project ends. Doing this product via preorder allows to to offer the full color range and slash approximately 25% off the retail price that we would otherwise have to charge. Everything will be expressly cut to order with no extra inventory. Delivery will be around Thanksgiving, give or take.
The fit for these sweaters is based upon William Lockie's pattern for the Japanese market. It's an excellent slim-fit shape, but runs exactly 1 size small against our typical Epaulet sizing. As such, the sizing is expressed in "true size" and "tagged size." We advise you to order the TRUE SIZE for a correct fit.
For example, if you take a size Medium in our shirts and a size 38 in our jackets, we recommend that you order "True Size 38 (Tagged Size 40).
ABOUT WILLIAM LOCKIE
In 1874 the Scottish firm of William Lockie first started production from their knitting mill in Hawick and today still remain a privately owned, family-run business.
Traditional skills along with natural soft Scottish water, which is used to wash out the oils from the raw material, ensures that quality is applied at every level of manufacturing and can not be duplicated anywhere else in the world. Their inherent attention to detail and incredible depth of experience means that each piece can last for decades.
DEPOSIT AND PRE-ORDER TERMS
1) Your preorder is held with a $110 non-refundable, non-transferrable deposit.
2) Preorders will be accepted until midnight EST Tuesday, August 23rd or when all units are claimed for a given color, whichever occurs first. Size changes can be made before Tues, 8/23, but not afterwards.
3) Delivery is scheduled to Epaulet between end November and December 2016
4) Once the sweaters are received, you will be notified via email and the balance may be paid online. Final payment must be received within 14 days of notification, or your deposit will be forfeit and the sweaters will be put up for general sale.
5) Shipping to US addresses is included in the price. For International customers, we request that you choose "Store Pickup" as your shipping option (resulting in no shipping fee charged now)
6) We reserve the right to limit or refuse any order
7) All preorder sales are final. When the sweaters are delivered, we regretfully cannot accept any returns or exchanges on these purchases.
Note: All measurements are shown in inches. "Chest" is measured from one armpit seam to the other. "Sleeve" is measured from the shoulder seam to the cuff. Length is measured from the base of the rear collar to the bottom of the garment.
|TRUE 34 (TAG 36)||17"||23"||24.5"|
TRUE 36 (TAG 38)
TRUE 38 (TAG 40)
TRUE 40 (TAG 42)
TRUE 42 (TAG 44)
TRUE 44 (TAG 46)
TRUE 46 (TAG 48)
TRUE 48 (TAG 50)